The company was set up to provide state-of-the-art equipment with experienced crews for all these areas.
We specialize in multi-camera tapeless HD shoots and work with a select group of highly trained technicians, camera operators and sound recordists.
Hothead Minicams was started by Adam Levi-Rodgers who has worked as a Director of Photography since 1988 in broadcast, commercials, music, theatre and features.
Director of Photography – Curriculum Vitae
(Main Unit D.O.P.)
Director: Bob Keen
Prod: Paul Brooks – Metrodome Films
GREENWICH MEAN TIME
2nd Unit D.O.P.
Director: John Strickland
Prod: Taylor Hackford – Anvil Films
2nd Unit D.P.
Director: Vadim Jean
Prod: Paul Brooks – Metrodome Films
T.V. Drama – as Director of Photography
- Cad Cam | O.Nava | C4/Compulsive.
- Disaster | ‘The Unflyable Plane’ | B.Higgins | BBC2/Stoneridge (Award)
- The Snowball Effect | ‘Dance on Film’ | B.Turnbull | BBC2/SBP
- Hidden Empire | ‘The Equaliser’ | Horace Ove | BBC1/Aim Image
- My Fair Lady’ | S. Galler | PBS/WGBH Boston | (Award)
- Smith & Jones’ | Series | C.Broad | BBC/Talkback | (Award)
Commercials – as Director of Photography
- Garrard | ‘Jewels’ | Will Smith | Gotgotneed
- Pantene Pro V | ‘K. Murray-Baird | Bluey Durrant | The Flying Colours
- Citroen AX | ‘Terminator’ |Sidonio.Aragao |Caos Films
- Wella Hair Gel | ‘Design’ | Shane Martin | The Sinclair Co.
- Carex | ‘Messy Jobs’ | Mel Smith | S J B. C
- Renault 19 | ‘Oscars ’ | Sidonio.Aragao | Caos Films
- Coca Cola Classic | ‘Robert Plant’ | P.Christopherson | APP
- Castrol | ‘Metallic Man’ | Ian Bryers | Storm Films
- Universal | ‘Energy’ | (Models/Minatures) | Nic Scott | Dept. Art
- Belmondo Shoes | ‘Cowboy’ | (Wild West) | P.Christopherson | A.P.P.
- Cable and Wireless | ‘Family’ | (Comedy) | Tom Schiller | Like Mind
- Ace Bleach | ‘Woolmark’ | (Unilux) | Devon Dickson | S.J.B.C.
- Drama Premiere | ‘Drummers’ | (Stop frame) | Maddy Magregor | Red Pepper
- Yoplait | 4 Flavours | (Puppets) | David Brown | S.J.B.C.
- Leiner | ‘Subway’ | (Steadicam) | David Smith | Film Factory
- Mcdonalds | ‘Kids’ | (Studio) | David Brown | S.J.B.C.
- Fuji | ‘Ryan Giggs’ | (Model/Bluescreen) | David Brown | S.J.B.C.
- Eagle Star | ‘Dreams’ | (Night for Day) | David.Smith | Smith Hadfield
- Ultra Lenor | ‘Tropical 2’ | (Dominica) | David.Smith | Smith Hadfield
- Dixcel Tissues | ‘Tarzan’ | (Studio jungle) | P.Christopherson | Christopherson
- Nissan Sunny | ‘Ali Baba’ | (Almeria) | P.Christopherson | Aubrey Powell
Documentary and Reality
- ‘Haka – Legend of the All Blacks’ | (Sport Doc.) | M. Wallace | ITV/Meridian
- ‘Shock of the Old’ series | (Architecture Docs.) | M. James | C4/Uden Assocs
- ‘Metropolis’ series | (Social Docs.) | B.Higgins | BBC/Windfall | (Award)
- ‘Rio to Liverpool – McCartney’ | (Artist profile doc.) | P.Christopherson | Aubrey Powell | (Award)
- ‘D.A.Pennebakers 101’ | (Artist profile doc.) | F. Oliver | Aubrey Powell
- ‘A Dante’s Inferno’ | (Art History doc.) | P. Greenaway | Allarts Ltd
- ‘Maya Deren – Invocation’ | (Artist profile doc.) | J Kaplan | Arbor Intl
- Tonight’s the Night series 1/2/3 | (Hidden camera) | Traci Burns | BBC
- Mission 2110 | James Morgan | BBC
- Stakeout Series 1 &2 | (Hidden camera) | Grigor Stirling | BBC | Hothead
- Anonymous | (Hidden camera) | Chris Faith | Tiger Aspect
- F Word series 3 | Nikki Parsons | C4/Optomen | Hothead
- Rio’s World Cup Wind ups | (Hidden camera) | Various Directors | ITV/Granada | Hothead
- The Unteachables | Mary Woods | C4/Talkback
- Bands Reunited series 1&2 | Dave Rupel | MTV/VH1
- Coach Trip – Series 1 and 3 | Matt Walton | C4/12 Yard
- My New best Friend | (Hidden camera) | M.Manson Smith | C4 | (Award)
- The Sack Race | (Hidden camera) | G.Templeton | BBC2
- ‘Stitch `Up’ – series 1-3 | Nick Hopkin | CBBC | (Award)
- ‘Without Predjudice’ | Sev. Directors | C4
- ’Celebrity Sleepover’ series | N. Mercer | BBC
- “Dog Eat Dog’ series | S. Graham | BBC | Hothead
- ‘Simply Complicated’ series | Mike Agnew | BBC
- ’CCTV’ series 1 & 2 | C. Jones | BBC | Hothead
- ’Friends Like These’ series I-V | S. Graham | BBC
- ‘Scariest Places On Earth’ | (Hidden camera) | D. Bassett | Triage US | Hothead
- ‘Renovation Street’ series | N. Mercer | Carlton
- ‘Better Mind Your Bollocks’ series | M. Boyle | Carlton
Music Videos – as Director of Photography
- All Saints | ‘188.8.131.52.’ | J.Lebon | Films Ltd
- Robert Plant | ‘Tall Cool One’ | P.Christopherson | Christopherson
- Lightning Seeds | ‘Pure’ | Peter Ashford | Aubrey Powell
- Ocean Colour Scene | ‘Profit in Peace’ (Japan) | Lawrence Watson | Strangelove
- Echo & the Bunnymen | ‘Don’t let it get you down’ | Lawrence Watson | Sarah Bayliss
- The Christians | ‘Forgotten Town’ | P.Christopherson | Christopherson
- Bomb The Bass | ‘Winter In July’ |P.Christopherson | Christopherson
- Marc Almond | ‘Melancoly Rose’ (Barcelona) | P. Christopherson | Aubrey Powell
- Blow Monkeys | ‘This Is Your Life’ | P.Christopherson | Aubrey Powell
- Three Colours Red | ‘Sixty Mile Smile’ | Ben Unwin | State Films
- Zeke Manyika | ‘Bible Belt’ | (Zimbabwe) | Philip.Richardson | Aubrey Powell | (Award)
- The The | ‘Infected’ | (Peru) | P.Christopherson | Aubrey Powell | (Award)
- Erasure | ‘Respect’ ‘& ‘Stop’ | P. Christopherson | Christopherson
- Marillion | ‘Brave’ | Richard Stanley | PMI
- Nine Inch Nails | ‘Wish’ | P. Christopherson | Christopherson | (Award)
- and 392 more.
Concerts – as Director of Photography
- Dave Gilmour | Royal Festival Hall | Rob O’Connor | Stylorouge
- Tinie Tempah | O2 london | Giorgio Testi | Pulse Films
- Galliano | London T&C | P.Richardson | Medialab
- The Fat Lady Sings | Glasgow | P.Richardson | Medialab
- Gary Moore & B.B. | London T&C 2 | P.Richardson | Medialab
- KT Tunstall | Glasgow | R.Style | EMI
Concerts – as Operator
Usher/Roger Waters ‘The Wall’ in Athens/Beyonce/Eric Clapton/Paul McCartney in Tokyo/Massive Attack/Simple Minds in Rome/Oasis/The Who Live at Leeds/Audioslave in Cuba/Seal/Eurythmics /Depeche Mode in Paris.
and 309 more.
Camera Operator – Movies
- Drowning By Numbers (Main Unit) | Peter Greenaway | Allarts | (Award)
- Willow (Steadicam Village Seq.) | Ron Howard | Lucasfilm
- Indiana Jones III (Steadicam Temple Seq.) | Steven Spielberg | Lucasfilm
- Get Back (Main Unit) | Richard Lester | MPL
- Paul McCartney World Tour | Aubrey Powell | MPL
Born: London November 20th 1960
Educated: City of London School, Oakham school, Twickenham Tertiary College, ‘A’ level English & Art. Started work in film in 1978 as projectionist at AKA Film Services, Clapper loader & focus puller then operating and lighting.